Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Because I'm easy - easy like Sunday morning.

So after my epic adventure with the palmetto bug (see earlier post), I started telling everyone the story. I happen to think it's hilarious, plus I think I tell it pretty well, if I do say so myself! I was sharing the story one Sunday with a friend of mine who has lived on the island for a few years. After she unfolded herself from the position where she had bent double laughing, she fixed her stern gaze up at me (she's about 5 feet tall) and said "But Gillian, don't you have any TAT?"

TAT? What the hell is TAT?

Evidently, it is a super-strong, super-hazardous, super-AMAZING bug spray that will lay waste to any roaches or ants in its path.

I stopped on my way home and got some.

Last night, I saw ANOTHER palmetto bug in my trailer, in roughly the same location as the one that got away a few weeks ago. I happened to be wearing clothes at the time (bonus!) so I ran into the kitchen, grabbed the TAT, and took aim. I sprayed this thing for probably thirty seconds, following it across the wall, into the window sill, in the corner of my bedroom and... it died. It fell on the floor. Completely dead. Thirty seconds.

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! VICTORY IS MINE!

Of course, it died on the floor behind my dresser, where I can't reach it. But I keep hoping some overzealous gecko will take care of it for me.

I have to say though, I'm a little dubious about the health effects of this miracle TAT. Info on the Web is as follows:

"Inhalation: The systemic toxicity of this product has not been determined. However, it should be practically non-toxic to internal organs if inhaled."

Practically non-toxic. Oh, good. That makes me feel better. But you know what? I think a "twilight of life" free of palmetto bug nightmares is worth giving up a few years on the tail end. I'm OK with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment